Design tool for placement of tile and surface drains
Exporting these designs back to the FmX integrated display lets you use the Autoslope feature of the FieldLevel II system to design the vertical component of your surface or sub-surface designs by defining slope and depth constraints. This allows the FieldLevel II system to automatically instruct any drainage machine or implement to install in the right place, at the right depth and slope.
- 30 days of support from Farm Works Corporate main office included with software purchase
- Carry out a topographic survey of the field using the FieldLevel II system on the FmX integrated display, and then import the survey to the Surface software, This allows the operator to use the existing survey work flow of the FieldLevel II System.
- View a 3D model of the field to gain a visual interpretation of the high and low spots. The model can be rotated, panned, zoomed, and the heights can be exaggerated to allow the operator to personalize the model and view it from any angle.
- Display contours either on the 2D or 3D view to help understand the height differences, and to assist with the drainage design. The operator can define the contour intervals to ensure the display is appropriate for any given field.
- Display a watershed zone map to view where the surface water will go and where it will pool on the existing surface.
- View the surface geometry lines to quickly interpret all of the tributaries to any given watershed on the field.
- Display water flow arrows to show the direction of water flow, allowing the operator to see which direction the water will flow at any point on the field.
- Decide where surface ditches or sub-surface tile lines should be installed to optimally drain the field, and ultimately increase crop yields. The powerful software drawing tools also let you draw the lines right over the map on the screen.
- Drainage lines drawn on the screen then produce a vertical profile of the existing surface along any line. This allows the operator to quickly predict if the location of the design will be an ideal place to put a ditch or install drainage pipe.
- Trimble FmX integrated display unlocked for the WM-Drain solution at a positioning level of RTK or GLONASS
- FmX Firmware 6.0 or higher
Click here for Farm Works Office Software Requirements
Manuals for Farm Works Office programs
Online Help for Farm Works Software Office programs