Trimble Mobile Computing Solutions (MCS) Standard Manufacturer Warranty
All Trimble MCS rugged outdoor computing products, including the Nomad®, and Yuma® rugged mobile computers, come with a one-year standard manufacturer warranty. The manufacturer warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship from or by the manufacturer. Additionally, all MCS computer accessory products feature a one-year standard manufacturer warranty for materials and workmanship.
Trimble MCS “Extraordinary” Extended Warranty Program
Includes accidental damage coverage, in addition to the standard manufacturer warranty. Any accidental damage to your Trimble rugged outdoor computer is covered for the duration of the Extended Warranty purchased.
What is covered under “accidental damage?”
Have you ever left a job site with equipment sitting on the roof of your rig? If that equipment is a rugged computer with coverage under MCS’ Extended Warranty Program, any damage from hitting the road (or from other vehicles running over it while it is in the road) is covered. Have you encountered corrosive materials that corroded the connectors on your electronics? If the electronic device is an MCS rugged outdoor computer-covered by Extended Warranty-the repair is covered. Not everything is covered under the Extended Warranty Program, so please review the Frequently Asked Questions – MCS Extended Warranty Program document for a list of exclusions.
The following Trimble MCS rugged computing products are eligible for an Extended Warranty:
- Trimble Recon handheld computer
- Trimble Nomad handheld computer
- Trimble Ranger 3 handheld computer
- Trimble Yuma tablet computer
Accessory items are not included, but are covered for one year in the standard manufacturer warranty.
Extended Warranty Program Benefits
Trimble’s Extended Warranty Coverage will extends the standard Trimble factory warranty coverage on your rugged computers up to 5 years from the original purchase date. When an Extended Warranty is purchased, the standard one-year manufacturer warranty is:
- automatically upgraded to include accident coverage and
- extended per the length of the Extended Warranty purchased.
You get up to 5 years of:
- Protection against hardware defects
- Protection against accidental damage
- Transferable ownership
- No deductible for warranty claims
Extended Warranty Program Requirements
- The Extended Warranty must be purchased either at the time of purchase of your new handheld computer or within first year of ownership, before the standard warranty expires.
- Extended Warranties are non-renewable. This means a customer must purchase a 4-year Extended Warranty to receive 5 years of coverage. Purchasing a 2-year Extended Warranty with the intention of purchasing another 2-year warranty at a later date is not supported.
- A rugged outdoor computer must be returned with the serial number intact to qualify for repairs under warranty (standard or extended).
- Trimble may repair or replace your rugged outdoor computer at our discretion.
- The Extended Warranty does not cover PowerBoot Modules, battery packs or caps, nor does it cover consumable accessory items such as a screen protector, stylus or stylus tether.
- Refer to Frequently Asked Questions – MCS Extended Warranty Program for more complete details.